Remember the first week of January? You started a new diet, maybe joined a gym, bought a fresh new planner. You had everything you needed for the next 365 days of unlimited potential.
So, how are you doing now?
Still hitting the gym regularly? Anything in your planner other than a list of shows you want to binge watch? If you’re like most people, you started out great, but started losing steam around mid-march.
If you’ve lost that motivated feeling, now is the perfect time to get it back.
Here are a few ways to recharge your motivation.
- Plan a vacation – or staycation. Even if you can just spare a day, make time for what refreshes you. Get a massage, take a yoga class.
- Reevaluate your goals. Maybe you aren’t motivated to reach your goals because you chose goals that you thought you should make, not ones you truly care about. If a goal you made in January doesn’t really serve you, cross it off your list. If it’s unrealistic or too big, take a different approach.
- Break tasks into manageable chunks. By created goals with a finish line you can see, you gain a sense of accomplishment on a regular basis. The Pomodoro technique can be the perfect way to accomplish this. Just set a timer for 25 minutes. Work without interruption, then take a five-minute break. Repeat until you have accomplished your task. Consider rewarding yourself when you reach your objective.
- Reconsider making yearly goals. Three hundred and sixty-five days is a lot to get your head around. Quarterly goals may work better for you. It’s short enough that you can see the finish line, but long enough that you can see measurable results. It also allows you to work with the seasons. You may dread running in January, but be excited about it in April.
- Take procrastination breaks. If you’re a person who gets sidetracked a lot, don’t fight it, adapt it. Find yourself hopping in and out of social media when you promised yourself you were going to read more books? Put your phone out of reach until you’ve finished a chapter or two.
- Enlist an accountability buddy. Have a friend who is also struggling with motivation? Exchange goals and check in regularly to keep each other on track. Schedule something fun together to celebrate your success.
Still slumping? Maybe it’s time to find a new job. Being stuck in the wrong job can be demotivating in every aspect of your life. If you’re ready to try something new, contact the experts at Cornerstone Staffing Solutions. We can help you find opportunities that will recharge your motivation and help you reach your goals. Contact us today.